Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Gigs this week

A couple of gigs this week, with some incredible musicians. I'm very excited about both of them and if anyone could make either or (if you're really up for the improv this week!) both you would have huge appreciation on my part.

Wednesday 27th May


Dave Tucker (guitar), Dominic Lash (bass), Henry Lowther (trumpet), Tony Marsh (drums),Ray Warleigh (sax)

Flim Flam (Ryan's Bar, 181 Stoke Newington Church St.), 8:30pm, £6/£4

Quintet of amazing players put together by the irrepressible Dave Tucker. Don't really know how this will sound but I'm excited to find out . . . Plus the excellent prospect of a trumpet/clarinet duo of Paul Shearsmith and Alex Ward.

Thursday 28th May

Evan Parker (saxophones), Steve Beresford (piano), Javier Carmona (drums), Dominic Lash (bass)

My first time playing with Steve Beresford on piano in a small group, and I believe Javier Carmona's first encounter with Evan Parker in a small group. More astonishing players I truly feel honoured to be able to play with - and another band whose sound I can't quite predict, but then isn't that what improvisation is all about?

The Vortex, 11 Gillett Square, London, N16 8AZ, 8:30pm, £8
Tickets available here or on the door.

No comments: